Brain Injury Rehabilitation Center in Southern California
Comprehensive Treatment After a Traumatic Brain Injury
The Casa Colina Brain Injury Program is renowned for offering one of the most extensive traumatic brain injury (TBI) care and rehabilitation facilities available in Southern California and the country. It offers various levels of care that include treatment at Casa Colina Hospital, a Joint Commission-accredited facility, which has a unique physician-directed program designed to help those with brain injuries travel the path to recovery through inpatient or outpatient rehabilitation.
The hospital relies on proven clinical pathways that ensure “best practices” are used by the team throughout a patient’s stay.
The Casa Colina Brain Injury Program’s inpatient rehabilitation involves:
- Board-certified physical medicine and rehabilitation physicians and licensed nurses specializing in rehabilitation
- Doctors and nurses available around the clock
- All patient services directed by a physician
- A detailed clinical pathway of care designed for patients with a traumatic brain injury
- At least 3 hours of therapy a minimum of 5 days a week (may include physical, occupational, speech therapies and other disciplines as needed)
- Weekly clinical-team conferences to discuss patient care and progress
- State-of-the-art medical and rehabilitation facilities for neurological patients, including indoor and outdoor therapy gymnasiums, activities-of-daily-living and speech language suites, aquatic therapy pools, laboratory, imaging and diagnostic services
Upon being discharged from Casa Colina Hospital, some individuals may not be completely ready to return to their home and community settings. They may require post-acute care to further their rehabilitation. The CARF-accredited Transitional Living Center, located on campus directly across from the hospital, offers a short-term residential setting where individuals may benefit from six hours of individual and group therapy, six days a week. A day treatment program is also available.
Others may require long-term care through the Casa Colina at Rancho Pino Verde or
Casa Colina at Apple Valley residential centers in order to continue to work on their functional independence and personal growth.
Other patients with traumatic brain injury may only need Casa Colina’s Outpatient Services where they may access a variety of programs that include:
Our experienced team finds innovative ways to help brain injury survivors overcome disabilities and maintain a rewarding lifestyle. We strive to help patients achieve the highest level of independence possible.
For more information, please call 909/596-7733, ext. 3900 or toll-free 866/724-4127, ext. 3900.