Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation in Pomona
The Casa Colina Spinal Cord Injury Program is renowned for offering one of the most extensive spinal cord injury care and rehabilitation facilities available in Southern California and the country. It offers various levels of care that include Casa Colina Hospital, a Joint Commission-accredited facility, which has a unique physician-directed program designed to help those with spinal cord injuries travel the path to recovery through inpatient or outpatient rehabilitation.
The hospital relies on proven clinical pathways that ensure "best practices" are used by the team throughout a patient's stay.
The Casa Colina Spinal Cord Injury Program’s inpatient rehabilitation involves:
- Board-certified physical medicine and rehabilitation physicians and licensed nurses specializing in rehabilitation
- All patient services directed by a physician
- Doctors and nurses available around the clock
- A detailed clinical pathway of care designed for patients with a spinal cord injury
- At least 3 hours of therapy a minimum of 5 days a week (may include physical, occupational, speech therapies and other disciplines as needed)
- Weekly clinical-team conferences to discuss patient care and progress
- State-of-the-art medical and rehabilitation facilities for neurological patients, including . indoor and outdoor therapy gymnasiums, wheelchair-accessible equipment such as electrical-stimulation bikes, treadmills, parallel bars, tilt tables, upper-body weight machines, activities-of-daily-living suites, and aquatic therapy pools
- Advanced medical laboratory, imaging and diagnostic services
Upon being discharged from the inpatient hospital, some individuals may not be completely ready to return to their home and community settings. They may require post-acute care to further their rehabilitation. The CARF-accredited Transitional Living Center, located on campus directly across from the hospital, offers a short-term residential setting where individuals may benefit from 6 hours of individual and group therapy, 6 days a week. A day treatment program is also available.
Other patients with spinal cord injury may only need Casa Colina’s Outpatient Services where they may access a variety of programs that include:
We also offer a Home & Community program for those with spinal cord injuries. Our therapists help individuals feel more confident within their everyday surroundings by practicing real-life tasks. The program is completely customized to the individual's lifestyle, priorities and goals. It focuses on safely maneuvering around the home, carrying out normal errands, accessing public transportation, and returning to work or school.
Who will benefit from the Spinal Cord Injury Program?
This comprehensive program helps individuals who have experienced trauma, degenerative or congenital impairments of the spinal cord, either recently or years ago. In particular, people who have endured spinal cord injuries due to:
- Narrowing (Stenosis)
Our experienced team finds innovative ways to help those with spinal cord injuries overcome disabilities and maintain a rewarding lifestyle – so patients can achieve the highest level of independence possible.
For more information, please call 909/596-7733, ext. 3900 or toll-free 866/724-4127, ext. 3900.