Southern California Stroke Rehabilitation Center
Comprehensive Rehabilitation After a Stroke
The Casa Colina Stroke Program is renowned for offering one of the most extensive stroke rehabilitation facilities available in Southern California and the country. It offers various levels of care that include Casa Colina Hospital, a Joint Commission-accredited facility, which has a unique physician-directed program designed to help stroke survivors travel the path to recovery through various levels of rehabilitation. It offers more ways to help people regain their independence, return home, and enjoy their lives again.
The hospital relies on proven clinical pathways that ensure "best practices" are used by the team throughout a patient's stay. Participation in clinical trials may also be available to appropriate patients.
The Casa Colina Stroke Center's inpatient rehabilitation involves:
- Board-certified physical medicine and rehabilitation physicians and licensed nurses specializing in rehabilitation
- Doctors and nurses available around the clock
- All patient services directed by a physician
- A detailed clinical pathway of care designed for stroke patients
- At least 3 hours of therapy, a minimum of 5 days a week (may include physical, occupational, speech therapies and other disciplines as needed)
- Weekly clinical-team conferences to discuss patient care and progress
- State-of-the-art medical and rehabilitation facilities for neurological patients, including indoor and outdoor therapy gymnasiums, activities-of-daily-living and speech language suites, aquatic therapy pools, laboratory, imaging and diagnostic services
- Patient and family educational materials provided by the National Stroke Association
Upon being discharged from Casa Colina Hospital, some individuals may not be completely ready to return to their home and community settings. They may require post-acute care to further their rehabilitation. The CARF-accredited Transitional Living Center, located on campus directly across from the hospital, offers a short-term residential setting where individuals may benefit from six hours of individual and group therapy, six days a week. A day treatment program is also available.
Patients who have had a Stroke may only need Casa Colina’s Outpatient Services where they may access a variety of programs that include:
Our experienced team finds innovative ways to help brain injury survivors overcome disabilities and maintain a rewarding lifestyle – so patients can achieve the highest level of independence possible.
For more information, please call 909/596-7733, ext. 3900 or toll-free 866/724-4127, ext. 3900.