Activities for Children with Autism
An After School Activities Program That's All About Fun and Friendships
Children with Autism or other related Autism Spectrun Disorders may have difficulty learning how to interact with others, or expressing their interests in ways that other people understand. Unfortunately, most ongoing therapy sessions do not foster opportunities for kids to grow and develop socially and physically.
As a result, your child may have difficulty trying to "fit in" when participating in typical community recreation activities and programs. Your child may not feel accepted and valued, no matter how hard he or she tries.
The After School Activity Program (A.S.A.P.) was created by Outdoor Adventures and Children's Services to meet this challenge.
As you will discover, A.S.A.P. is the perfect opportunity for your child to develop self-confidence, learn social skills, build friendships and enhance physical skills while enjoying therapeutic activities.
The After School Activities Program:
- Offers children ages 6 to 15 with Autism and other Autism Spectrum Disorders the opportunity to feel included in a structured activities program.
- Introduces children to the importance of participating in recreation and exercise for a healthy lifestyle.
- Engages children's attention with fun after school activities, such as games, sports and crafts.
- Encourages motor, cognitive, and body awareness skills.
- Supports social communication skills for initiating communication and/or responding to interactions with peers.
- Foster play with peers, taking turns, sharing and other beneficial social behaviors.
This after school program for kids is therapeutic in nature and we never underestimate the importance of fun and the opportunity to learn skills that will carry through into adulthood.
Sessions are eight weeks in duration and are held on Tuesday afternoons from 3 pm to 5 pm at the Casa Colina Children's Service Center. The cost for each eight-week session is $425.00. Please call Outdoor Adventures at 909/596-7733 or toll-free 866/724-4127, ext. 2216 to schedule a pre-program assessment.