Casa Colina at Rancho Piño Verde
Room to Grow: Serving Residents Throughout Southern California
Cowboys aren't the only ones who benefit from wide-open spaces. So do individuals who have experienced a traumatic or acquired brain injury. Here, residents of this 20-acre ranch enjoy all the benefits of a rural, high desert environment that is surrounded by mountains. It's a peaceful place where residents may interact with horses, llamas, emus - and even their personal pets are welcome.
Rancho Piño Verde's Spanish ranch-style architecture encompasses multiple buildings and is surrounded by a forest of trees. Indoors, you'll find plenty of natural light and places to relax, while outside you will enjoy the sparkling pool, spa, and fish for large mouth bass, blue gill, and catfish in our stocked ponds.
We offer a structured and highly supervised environment for individuals between the ages of 18 and 59 years, who must relearn the appropriate way to interact and communicate with others, while developing new and compensatory strategies to live life to the fullest.
On the same 20-acre campus, we also offer a separate semi-independent living program to help make the transition back to the "real world" easier. In this program, individuals must be able to regulate aggressive behavior, structure their own time, and manage their own medications and finances.
Rancho Piño Verde activities include:
- Shopping at local stores and regional malls
- Outings to movie theaters
- Attendance at theme parks
- Watching minor league and professional baseball games
- Participation in adaptive ski and snow activities at local resorts
- Continuing education at Victor Valley Community College
- Participation in AA meetings on campus
- Restaurant dining in the community
- Participation in Casa Colina's landmark Outdoor Adventures program
- Choice of worship services
Rancho Piño Verde Features:
- 26-bed campus licensed by Department of Social Services
- 10-bed semi-independent program
- Non-ambulatory unit
- Call lights
- Handicap-accessible bathrooms
- Locked medication and chart room
- Private locked storage for valuables and small personal items
- Recreation building (2,000 square feet) with satellite television, arcade games, billiards table, and exercise area
- Outdoor pool and spa
- On-campus recreational fishing
- Corrals with farm animals and horses
- 20 acres of open land
- Transportation for local activities
- Supervised community activities
- Case management services
- Dietician designed meals
- Accommodations for pets
- Located in Lucerne Valley, California
Rancho Piño Verde's Staff:
- Board certified Medical Director, Internal Medicine
- Program Director / Administrator
- Shift Supervisors
- Medical Assistants
- Certified Nursing Assistants
- Residential Aides (Crisis Prevention Intervention Trained)
- Lifeguard & Water Safety Instructor
Casa Colina at Rancho Piño Verde is located at 11981 Midway Avenue, Lucerne Valley, CA 92356.
If you would like more information about Casa Colina's long-term residential care services, please call 760/248-6245.