Pomona, CA…Casa Colina is pleased to announce that it will hold free neurological screenings the first Sunday of each month from 9 am to 12 noon beginning March 2, 2008. Screenings will be held at the Tamkin Outpatient Center, Building 1D, which is located at Casa Colina’s medical and rehabilitation campus located at 255 East Bonita Avenue (at Garey) in Pomona. Scheduled appointments are required.
A board-certified physician specializing in rehabilitation and a licensed therapist will conduct the 30-minute individual screening and consultation.
Persons already diagnosed with a neurological condition such as stroke, brain injury, spinal cord injury, MS or Parkinson’s disease may be appropriate for the screening which will offer education about current trends in therapy, clinical advances and community resources that are available to improve quality of life and functionality. New technologies may be introduced at the screening which include:
To learn more about if this free screening may be appropriate for you or a loved one, please call
909/596-7733, ext. 3500.
- Bioness NESS L300 to help regain mobility and reduce “foot drop”
- IBOT 4000 Mobility System, a state-of-the-art wheelchair that can climb stairs, curbs, and other obstacles
- Neurocom Balance Equipment and Technology
- Fitness Program featuring the RTI E-Stim Bike
- Driving Program with adaptive motor vehicle and equipment
- And much more