Preparing for the Future With a New Medical Surgical Hospital Wing
We are pleased to announce Casa Colina Hospital's new Medical Surgical
Wing opened to our community on April 1, 2016.
Located next to our nationally renowned Acute Rehabilitation Wing, this
new 31-bed, 38,220 square-foot Medical Surgical facility expands Casa
Colina Hospital to 99 beds.
What Type of Patient Care Will Be Provided?
Physicians who specialize in a wide range of procedures – from
orthopedic and neurosurgery to gastroenterology, urology, spinal surgery,
and more – perform surgeries in our new state-of-the-art medical facility.
Unlike typical hospital settings, the new Medical Surgical Wing does not
have an emergency unit which means operating room schedules will not be
affected by urgent or unplanned cases. And if any of Casa Colina Hospital's
rehabilitation patients experience a medical setback, they will no longer
need to be transported to another acute care hospital for stabilization.
The new Medical Surgical Wing is equipped and staffed to handle these
acute medical cases whenever needed.
Casa Colina Hospital's new Medical Surgical Wing offers:
- Six intensive care unit beds
- 25 beautifully appointed private medical surgical beds with full telemetry,
patient lift systems, and private bathroom facilities
- Three surgical suites
- Robotic surgical equipment including Stryker's Mako™ Surgical
System for partial knee replacements
- Minimally invasive surgical equipment including the very latest da Vinci®
Xi™ Surgical System
- Huntair CLEANSUITE® System to reduce the risk of infection after surgery
- A gastroenterology procedure room
- Expanded diagnostic imaging services
- Electronic medical records
With the opening of our new hospital wing, Casa Colina will care for approximately
2,300 more people each year and provide nearly 200 new job opportunities
for people in our community.