Southern California Children's Services Center
For Children with Developmental Delays and Disabilities
A Place to Grow
The A. Gary Anderson Children's Services Center is all about discovery. Helping families find a new sense of hope, awareness, and strength. Helping children - from infancy to 15 years of age - make remarkable progress despite challenges. These little ones are at risk for physical, learning, sensory, communication or social developmental delays. Yet, they all experience the inner joy and satisfaction that comes from reaching a new plateau.
Our pediatric specialists foster progress in seven key areas of development:
Gross motor skills (use of large muscles, such as walking)
- Fine motor skills (use of small muscles, such as hand movements)
- Expressive language skills (verbal, signed or picture exchange)
- Receptive language (understanding)
- Cognitive skills (attention, memory, and problem solving)
Kids are just more focused when they're having fun. So our staff makes each therapy session feel like playtime through the use of toys, games, books, computers and gym equipment.
Children's Services features:
- Two gymnasiums for occupational and physical therapy
- Three speech therapy rooms for private speech and language therapy
- One feeding room for therapy sessions focused on swallowing and feeding difficulties
- Two early intervention classrooms
- One physician examination room for specialty doctors to examine their young patients
- One conference room for families to meet with physicians, therapists or other families
- Adaptive playground equipment that is wheelchair accessible
- A large outdoor patio and play area to practice gross motor skills
To learn more, call toll-free 866/724-4127, ext. 4200 or 909/596-7733, ext. 4200.