Aquatic Therapy in Southern California: Gentle Waters
Casa Colina's Aquatic Therapy Program is the only facility of its kind in this area to offer certified aquatic rehabilitation therapists as well as warm and cool water therapy pools. This unique therapeutic program offers a safe environment for individuals to begin an effective no-impact or low-impact exercise program.
You do not need to know how to swim to experience the benefits of water therapy. This program will help anyone with an injury, medical condition, or rheumatologic illness that finds exercise and movement on dry land to be too painful or jarring.
Water provides an anti-stress environment where you can perform gentle exercises to maximize the benefits of its resistance. You'll benefit from aerobic exercise without the negative affects of excessive joint compression.
The buoyancy of water is truly one of the most enjoyable ways to reach your rehabilitation goals. Aquatic therapy is also one of the most effective treatments for the long-term management of the symptoms of rheumatologic disorders, such as arthritis and Fibromyalgia.
Our innovative aquatic therapy is recommended if you have/had:
- Arthritis, spine-disc or joint disease
- Hip, knees, ankles and shoulder pain
- Post-operative pain in the spine, joints, and/or upper and lower extremities
- Neurological disorders (Parkinson's disease, Multiple Sclerosis, stroke, spinal cord injuries, and/or traumatic brain injuries)
- Balance disorders
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Orthopedic and sport injuries
- Pediatric disorders, including sensory disorders
- Chronic pain and fatigue
- Gait deficits
- Work injuries
- Breast cancer and lymphedema
- Muscular and tendon problems
- Sports injuries
- Weakness from deconditioning
Our aquatic therapy facilities offer:
- Licensed physical therapist with an aquatic rehabilitation certification
- Warm water (94 degrees) pool to promote relaxation
- Cool water (84 degrees) therapeutic pool to prevent overheating
- Electronic lift access with sling, chair, or stretcher to safely enter or exit pool
- Group therapy
- Individualized treatments
- Aquatic weights and exercise aids
- Caregiver training
- Flexible hours to suit individual's schedule
- Supervised pool program for discharged patients at a low cost
The aquatic therapy team will work closely with the referring physician to establish a plan of therapy that will complement your or your loved one's overall health and well-being.
Before you enter the water, we'll perform a thorough evaluation of your physical capabilities on dry land. We'll also conduct some baseline measurements and find out what you hope to achieve with your aquatic rehabilitation.
On your second visit, you'll begin your aquatic therapy in the pool. A certified aquatic therapist will guide you through the exercises that are best suited for you.
To speak to a representative, please call 909/596-7733, ext. 3500 or toll-free 866/724-4127, ext. 3500.