Fibromyalgia Treatment in Southern California
If you have Fibromyalgia, it's easy to feel overwhelmed by the pain and fatigue. We can help you take control of this chronic illness, so you can focus on enjoying your life again. Casa Colina's Fibromyalgia Program is an eight-week program that is designed to increase your sense of wellness by enabling you to take a more active role in your health, and ultimately, reduce your symptoms and long-term healthcare costs.
You will be evaluated by a physical therapist before you begin the program. Your therapy will then be comprised of the following three components.
An aquatic program that will enable you to use:
- An indoor warm-water pool (94-96 degrees)
- Gentle walking and arm movements
- Resistive exercises
- Aquatic exercise equipment
An education program that will cover topics such as:
- Fibromyalgia issues
- Stress management
- Physiology of exercise
- Understanding pain
- Energy conservation and body mechanics
- Complimentary and holistic medicine
- Lifestyle management
- Coping skills
- Psychological impact of fibromyalgia
An exercise program that will show you proper techniques for:
- Relaxation to reduce pain and tension
- Stretching to increase range of motion and flexibility
- Strengthening to encourage greater mobility and balance
- Pacing oneself to avoid symptom flare-ups
- Preventing injuries or strains
- Tai Chi and Yoga
We'll introduce you to new coping skills to help you improve your diet, mood, pain and ability to sleep. Every session will involve one hour of pool therapy, one hour of education, and (after the initial two weeks), one hour of exercise. Every visit will show you new ways to feel better and improve your quality of life.
The monthly Fibromyalgia Community Support Group provides ongoing encouragement and enhances education and the knowledge and skills learned in the program.
To speak to a representative, please call 909/596-7733, ext. 3500 or toll-free 866/724-4127, ext. 3500.