Wheelchair & Seating Program in Pomona
There's Nothing Like a Custom Fit
When you spend hours in a wheelchair or seat each day, you want it to fit like a glove – and fit your lifestyle. This is exactly why we created Casa Colina's Wheelchair & Seating Program for people of all ages.
We understand the complex needs of individuals who require a wheelchair and specialized seating. This is why we rely on state-of-the-art computer technology to help us determine the right comfort and support. We also look at factors such as skin protection, mobility and functionality.
Why custom fitting for wheelchairs and seats?
Most wheelchairs and seating cushions were designed to suit a broad range of people. Unfortunately, that's exactly why they can be so uncomfortable for anyone who spends hours each day or week sitting in them.
Equipment should be custom tailored to your or your loved one's:
- Positioning needs
- Activity level
- Type of wheelchair
The Casa Colina Wheelchair & Seating Program is recommended for those with:
- Neurological or cardio-respiratory conditions
- Impairments or deformities
- Skin breakdown/pressure ulcers due to current seating system
- Change in needs and mobility
- Lack of strength and overall physical conditioning
- Lack of feeling
- Muscle loss
- Advanced age
Our Wheelchair & Seating Program offers:
- Licensed physical therapists experienced in this specialized fitting
- Wheelchair and seating evaluation
- Pressure mapping evaluation
- Wheelchair and seating vendors who meet RESNA-certification standards
- Trial power and manual wheelchairs
- Trial seating/positioning systems
- Custom-molded seating made by vendors
- Caregiver training
- Equipment use and maintenance education
Technically advanced fitting.
We'll carefully evaluate your flexibility, strengths, and weaknesses to help find the equipment that will offer the greatest comfort and mobility. We use XSENSOR mapping technology with sophisticated computer equipment to see how your current seating and wheelchair fits and if there are improvements that should be made to your existing equipment.
You'll not only be able to see firsthand on a computer screen how your body's pressure points fit with your current equipment, but also how our suggested changes can reduce the pain, inflammation, and ulcers that often result. We'll also carefully consider your home, work, school and/or transportation needs. Our goal is to make you feel as comfortable as possible throughout your busy day.
To speak to a representative, please call 909/596-7733, ext. 3500 or toll-free 866/724-4127, ext. 3500.