Home & Community Program
Care in the community - To feel right at home again
There's no place like home – especially if you or a loved one
has spent a few days or weeks in a hospital or rehabilitation institution.
The Casa Colina Home & Community Program helps individuals adapt from
this type of care back into the home, school and workplace. It offers
cost-effective, convenient on-site therapy and counseling within an individual's
real-life surroundings in order to speed up the recovery process after
a traumatic illness or injury.
Who will benefit from the Home & Community Program?
Individuals who will benefit from our comprehensive approach to rehabilitation
include those with a strong family or social support system. They are
medically stable and recovering from:
- Acquired brain injury
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Progressive neurological disease
- Complex orthopedic injury and/or amputation
- Other comprehensive rehabilitation cases
These individuals include those who have been in a(n):
- Acute medical hospital
- Acute rehabilitation unit
- Sub-acute care unit
- Post-acute setting such as a residential or day treatment program
A team approach for a smooth transition.
Referring physicians, individuals and their families will feel reassured
by our results-oriented methods. A board-certified physical medicine and
rehabilitation physician oversees the Casa Colina Home & Community
Program, which is tailored to each individual's needs and established
objectives. A team of specialists works to improve functional outcomes,
thereby reducing the potential for depression or disorientation that often
occurs after people have undergone transfers between different settings
and a significant change in their lifestyle.
Our team of rehabilitation experts collaborates with many professionals
- Case managers
- Rehabilitation nurses
- Behavior analysts
- Occupational therapists with special training in Bioness NESS H200™
- Physical therapists with special training in NESS L300™ technology
- Speech/language pathologists
We make the most of your resources.
This unique program provides or enables:
- Reduced lengths of stay in other institutional settings
- Assessment based upon objective as well as subjective criteria
- Follow-up provided by interdisciplinary team members, typically over the
course of 6 to 8 weeks
- Cost effective solution for focused community reintegration needs
- Reduction in the ongoing need for more expensive interventions
We focus on the individual's goals.
Our therapists help individuals feel more confident within their everyday
surroundings by practicing real-life tasks. This includes helping individuals
to safely maneuver around the home, carry out their normal errands, access
public transportation, and return to work or school.
Everything is completely customized to the individual's lifestyle,
priorities and goals. Each therapeutic exercise is a reflection of these
personal objectives. We also engage the individual's family and loved
ones in the process to ensure lasting results.
Wherever life happens for the people we serve, we'll be right by their
side helping them to become more independent.
To speak with a representative, please call 909/596-7733, ext. 4100 or
toll-free 866/724-4127, ext. 4100.