Day Treatment Program
Southern California Transitional Care
Not Your Typical 9 to 5.
It's not an office job or school, but for our clients, it's a lot of hard work and an extraordinary education. The Transitional Living Center (TLC) provides a day treatment program in a homelike environment where those with brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, and neurological trauma can safely work on developing their daily living skills and becoming more independent.
This is accomplished each day under the careful supervision of a highly specialized team comprised of physicians, neuropsychologists, behavioral specialists, speech-language pathologists, physical and occupational therapists, nurses, and clinical case managers. Unlike the TLC's residential program, clients attend the program daily and then return home at the end of each session.
Each day is filled with intensive individual and group therapy sessions, which focus on:
- Physical restoration of functions - including bowel and bladder control, mobility and self-care
- Cognitive skill building -addressing attention, concentration, memory, problem solving and communication
- Social/behavioral shaping - improving impulse control, social appropriateness, and frustration tolerance
- Reintegration into the home and community - covering home skills, money management, accessing transportation, and safety awareness
- Psychological adjustment - addressing changes in relationships, body image and living with a new sense of self
We also ask that you as well as your loved one's friends and co-workers become included in this process, so that we understand the challenges and demands that he or she faces at home, work, school and within the community. This will help us create the optimal treatment plan. You can be sure our specialists will do whatever they can to help your loved one return to a more enriching life.
To learn more about Casa Colina's transitional care services, please call 909/596-7733, ext. 4100 or toll-free 866/724-4127, ext. 4100.