Home & Community Program
Transitional Care in Southern California
Care in the community - To feel right at home again.
There's no place like home – especially if you or a loved one has spent a few days or weeks in a hospital or rehabilitation institution. The Casa Colina Home & Community Program helps individuals adapt from this type of care back into the home, school and workplace. It offers cost-effective, convenient on-site therapy and counseling within an individual's real-life surroundings in order to speed up the recovery process after a traumatic illness or injury.
Who will benefit from the Home & Community Program?
Individuals who will benefit from our comprehensive approach to rehabilitation include those with a strong family or social support system. They are medically stable and recovering from:
- Acquired brain injury
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Progressive neurological disease
- Complex orthopedic injury and/or amputation
- Other comprehensive rehabilitation cases
These individuals include those who have been in a(n):
- Acute medical hospital
- Acute rehabilitation unit
- Sub-acute care unit
- Post-acute setting such as a residential or day treatment program
A team approach for a smooth transition.
Referring physicians, individuals and their families will feel reassured by our results-oriented methods. A board-certified physical medicine and rehabilitation physician oversees the Casa Colina Home & Community Program, which is tailored to each individual's needs and established objectives. A team of specialists works to improve functional outcomes, thereby reducing the potential for depression or disorientation that often occurs after people have undergone transfers between different settings and a significant change in their lifestyle.
Our team of rehabilitation experts collaborates with many professionals that include:
- Case managers
- Rehabilitation nurses
- Behavior analysts
- Occupational therapists with special training in Bioness NESS H200™ technology
- Physical therapists with special training in NESS L300™ technology
- Speech/language pathologists
We make the most of your resources.
This unique program provides or enables:
- Reduced lengths of stay in other institutional settings
- Assessment based upon objective as well as subjective criteria
- Follow-up provided by interdisciplinary team members, typically over the course of 6 to 8 weeks
- Cost effective solution for focused community reintegration needs
- Reduction in the ongoing need for more expensive interventions
We focus on the individual's goals.
Our therapists help individuals feel more confident within their everyday surroundings by practicing real-life tasks. This includes helping individuals to safely maneuver around the home, carry out their normal errands, access public transportation, and return to work or school.
Everything is completely customized to the individual's lifestyle, priorities and goals. Each therapeutic exercise is a reflection of these personal objectives. We also engage the individual's family and loved ones in the process to ensure lasting results.
Wherever life happens for the people we serve, we'll be right by their side helping them to become more independent.
To speak with a representative, please call 909/596-7733, ext. 4100 or toll-free 866/724-4127, ext. 4100.