Post-Acute Residential Treatment in Pomona
Care and the comforts of home
A TV room, a recreation room, a living room with a fireplace, a home-style kitchen and dining room - these amenities are hardly what you'd expect from a healthcare setting. But that's exactly what makes the Transitional Living Center (TLC) so special.
Here our residential clients can safely work on developing their daily living skills and becoming more independent under the careful supervision of a highly specialized team comprised of physicians, neuropsychologists, behavioral specialists, speech-language pathologists, physical and occupational therapists, nurses, and clinical case managers. Up to six hours of individual and group therapy is offered six days a week at the TLC.
Each day is filled with intensive therapy sessions, which focus on:
- Physical restoration of functions - including bowel and bladder control, mobility and self-care
- Cognitive skill building -addressing attention, concentration, memory, problem solving and communication
- Social/behavioral shaping- improving impulse control, social appropriateness, and frustration tolerance
- Reintegration into the home and community - covering home skills, money management, accessing transportation, and safety awareness
- Psychological adjustment - addressing changes in relationships, body image and living with a new sense of self
We also ask that you as well as your loved one's friends and co-workers become included in this process, so that we understand the challenges and demands that he or she will face later at home, work, school and within the community. This will help us create the optimal treatment plan. You can be sure our specialists will do whatever they can to help your loved one return to a more enriching life.
To speak with a representative, please call 909/596-7733, ext. 4100 or toll-free 866/724-4127, ext. 4100.