Thank you for your interest in the volunteer program at Casa Colina Hospital
and Centers for Healthcare. Our volunteers make a vital difference in
the lives of our patients and clients by adding to the quality of our
programs, activities, and services.
We have a number of different volunteer opportunities available. Volunteers
may be placed in direct patient care services or in non-patient care services.
Both offer the chance to provide vital assistance and support to Casa
Colina's departments and personnel.
There are two categories of volunteers at Casa Colina:
Junior Volunteer: Junior Volunteers are between sixteen and eighteen years of age and assist
in both patient care and non-patient care areas depending on the available
Adult Volunteer: Adult volunteers are over eighteen and also assist in both patient care
and non-patient care areas depending on the current availability of assignments.
Opportunities for adult volunteers may also include working with Casa
Outdoor Adventures Program.
How to Become a Volunteer
- An application is either downloaded from the website or obtained from the
Human Resources Department.
- The completed application is to be returned to the Human Resources Department
via US Mail or hand delivered or faxed to 909/596-4953. Human Resources
will review and make a determination if the volunteer meets the requirements
of Casa Colina.
- Once approved, the potential volunteer will be contacted by email or telephone
with the date of the next orientation.
- Volunteer orientation will take place every other month or as needed.
- Once orientation is completed, the volunteer will be contacted with their
volunteer assignment and next steps.
- Every volunteer will be required to obtain two TB tests (this is required
by the Department of Health and Casa Colina policy due to the high incidence
of TB in our geographical area) and complete a background check. Volunteers
under age 18 will require their parents’ permission for TB tests.
- Volunteers will also be asked to purchase a volunteer jacket in the amount
of $20. If financial hardship exists, Casa Colina will provide a donated jacket.
- Volunteers will be required to fulfill a commitment of 100 hours and six
months of volunteering. In addition, volunteers must volunteer for a minimum
of two hours per week. Specific departments may have additional requirements.
To view the process to become a volunteer in its entirety,
There are also interesting events throughout the year in virtually every
department, program and service on the Casa Colina campus. We invite and
encourage you to participate in any and all of our events.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Casa Colina Human Resources
255 E. Bonita Avenue
Pomona, CA 91769
Phone 909/596-7733 ext.2154