Thank you for your interest in the volunteer program at Casa Colina Centers for Rehabilitation. Our volunteers make a vital difference in the lives of our patients .and clients by adding to the quality of our programs, activities, and services.
We have a number of different volunteer opportunities available. Volunteers may be placed in direct patient care services or in non-patient care services. Both offer the chance to provide vital assistance and support to Casa Colina's departments and personnel.
There are two categories of volunteers at Casa Colina:
Junior Volunteer: Junior Volunteers are between sixteen and eighteen years of age and assist in both patient care and non-patient care areas depending on the available assignments.
Adult Volunteer: Adult volunteers are over eighteen and also assist in both patient care and non-patient care areas depending on the current availability of assignments. Opportunities for adult volunteers may also include working in our Gift Shop and helping in Casa Colina's
Outdoor Adventures Program.
How to Become a Volunteer
- An application is either downloaded from the website or obtained from the Human Resources Department.
- The completed application is to be returned to the Human Resources Department via US Mail, hand delivered or faxed to 909/596-4953. Human Resources will review the application and make a determination if the volunteer meets the requirements of Casa Colina.
- Once approved, the potential volunteer will be contacted by email or telephone with the date of the next orientation.
- Volunteers must attend an orientation and in some instances a second orientation if placed in a clinical area.
- The volunteer will receive a call after the orientation to let them know if they have or have not been placed
- If placed, the volunteer will need to have a two step TB test. In addition volunteers over the age of eighteen will need to complete a background check.
- Once everything has cleared, the volunteer can return to Human Resources to receive his or her badge, volunteer assignment and to purchase the Casa Colina volunteer jacket.
- ALL volunteers will be required to work a minimum of six months and 100 hours. Volunteers must work a minimum of one hour per week.
To view the process to become a volunteer in its entirety, click here.
There are also interesting events throughout the year in virtually every department, program and service on the Casa Colina campus. We invite and encourage you to participate in any and all of our events.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Casa Colina Human Resources
255 E. Bonita Avenue
Pomona, CA 91769
Phone 909/596-7733 ext.2154