How to Become a Volunteer
- An application is either downloaded from the website or obtained from the
Human Resources Department.
- The completed application is to be returned to the Human Resources Department
via US Mail or hand delivered or faxed to 909/596-4953. Human Resources
will review and make a determination if the volunteer meets the requirements
of Casa Colina.
- Once approved, the potential volunteer will be contacted by email or telephone
with the date of the next orientation.
- Volunteer orientation will take place once a month. At the orientation,
the volunteer will receive the first TB test.
- The volunteer will return to Casa Colina within 24 to 72 hours of orientation
to have the TB test read.
- Once the TB test is cleared, the volunteer can return to Human Resources
to receive his or her badge, volunteer assignment and to purchase the
Casa Colina volunteer jacket.
- Additionally, the volunteer will be responsible for receiving a second
TB test once the volunteer assignment begins (this is required by the
Department of Health and Casa Colina policy due to the high incidence
of TB in our geographical area.)
- Volunteers will be required to work a minimum of six months and 100 hours.
Volunteers must work a minimum of two hours per week.
Volunteers working between the hours of 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. will be asked
to log in and out in the Human Resources Department each time they perform
their volunteer assignment. Volunteers working after hours will be given
special instructions for logging in and out.
Junior Volunteer Application
Adult Volunteer Application