How to Become a Volunteer
- An application is either downloaded from the website or obtained from the Human Resources Department.
- The completed application is to be returned to the Human Resources Department via US Mail or hand delivered or faxed to 909/596-4953. Human Resources will review and make a determination if the volunteer meets the requirements of Casa Colina.
- Once approved, the potential volunteer will be contacted by email or telephone with the date of the next orientation.
- Volunteer orientation will take place once a month. At the orientation, the volunteer will receive the first TB test.
- The volunteer will return to Casa Colina within 24 to 72 hours of orientation to have the TB test read.
- Once the TB test is cleared, the volunteer can return to Human Resources to receive his or her badge, volunteer assignment and to purchase the Casa Colina volunteer jacket.
- Additionally, the volunteer will be responsible for receiving a second TB test once the volunteer assignment begins (this is required by the Department of Health and Casa Colina policy due to the high incidence of TB in our geographical area.)
- Volunteers will be required to work a minimum of six months and 100 hours. Volunteers must work a minimum of two hours per week.
Volunteers working between the hours of 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. will be asked to log in and out in the Human Resources Department each time they perform their volunteer assignment. Volunteers working after hours will be given special instructions for logging in and out.
Junior Volunteer Application
Adult Volunteer Application