A Good Night's Sleep
The National Institutes of Health estimates that 50 to 70 million Americans suffer from chronic sleep disorders and intermittent sleep problems. In fact, there are 84 different types of sleep disorders that include snoring, sleep apnea, insomnia, narcolepsy and restless leg syndrome. They can affect adults and children of all ages and can involve a lack of sleep, too much sleep, or a poor quality of sleep.
The Casa Colina Sleep Center is designed to help .individuals of all ages overcome sleep difficulties. This unique program, located adjacent to Casa Colina Hospital, offers a luxurious bedroom setting where overnight state-of-the-art diagnostic testing is conducted by a licensed sleep technologist. Data is collected throughout the night and a physician who specializes in sleep medicine evaluates the test results carefully before recommending treatment to ensure restful, restorative sleep.
The Casa Colina Sleep Center will be beneficial for those who experience:
- Difficulty getting to sleep
- Difficulty staying asleep
- Pauses in breathing or gasps for breath during sleep
- Active legs during the night
- Tingling, itching, pulling, aching or other abnormal feelings in the legs
- Fatigue that is so strong one cannot function normally
In addition, children may also suffer from:
- Night terrors
How sleep disorders are diagnosed.
We use specialized equipment to record a person's brain and body activity during sleep. Painless sensors are attached to the patient’s body and head to measure brain waves, muscle and eye movements as well as breathing, snoring, heart rate and leg movements.
The Casa Colina Sleep Disorders Center offers the following diagnostic sleep examinations:
- Baseline Polysomnogram Testing
- Split Night Polysomnogram Testing
- Multiple Sleep Latency Testing
- Maintenance of Wakefulness Testing
- Electroencephalogram Testing
- Pediatric Testing
- Parasomnia Testing
To speak with a representative, please call 909/596-7733, ext. 4600 or toll-free 866/724-4127, ext. 4600.